Friday, December 21, 2018

i'm weak, and what's wrong with that

I'm typing this on my personal laptop, which I was too lazy to pull out last night, and so I can use a shift key like a normal human again. Oddly enough, this laptop has a new keyboard too - but that's because I had to get the battery replaced (laptop, thank you for saying that the battery needed serviced less than two months before AppleCare expired, since the battery replacement was free). When they replaced the battery, they noticed that I had worn away multiple keys, so they replaced that too. So, it feels like I'm typing on an all-new laptop, even though this one probably has a few more years left in it.

sssanyway. I awoke in North Platte after getting less sleep than I wanted but enough sleep to ensure that I could make it across Nebraska without falling asleep. I quickly got ready, loaded my car, and ate some so-so hotel breakfast while doing a couple of quick personal and work things. Then I spent the day driving from North Platte to my parents' house. It was entirely uneventful - I stopped in Grand Island for gas and soda, then in Lincoln for an excursion to Whole Foods to pick up some stuff for home + a late lunch, and finally in Clarinda for McDonalds coffee and fries to carry me across the finish line. I took Highway 2 from Lincoln to home this time; I think I usually take 34 or go all the way up to I-80, but 2 is technically faster although it's a two-lane road with a lower speed limit for most of it, so idk. But the drive through Iowa was pretty even if Nebraska was super boring, and I didn't get speeding tickets anywhere, so that was pretty exciting.

I pulled into my parents' house around 5:30, which meant I only drove the last bit (which I know best) in the dark. Then I spent the evening talking to them, eating supper, and hearing some truly ridiculous tales of [censored]'s current efforts to deal with [censored], which involves renting a dumpster and generally coming to grips with the despair of [censored]. I found this all vastly entertaining, which I'm sure didn't help [censored]'s mood, but I may help him with this project tomorrow, so I may be singing a different tune tomorrow night.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

1 comment:

deeps said...

that sounds like something out of the daily routine..