Sunday, December 16, 2018

strike the harp and join the chorus

Today was infinitely more productive than yesterday, most likely because I awoke feeling like a normal human rather than a burned-out wreck. I took care of some stuff around the house this morning, spent an absurd amount of time brushing my hair (I didn't wash it yesterday, so it was still half-curled from Friday and absolutely full of hairspray to achieve that level of hold), showered, and then walked over to River and Woods to have brunch with Kelly. We both love that place, although we've never been together, so I think the wait staff and bartenders were shocked to see us together. The breakfast sandwich cured whatever remaining issues lurked in my body, and it was fun to catch up with Kelly outside of work.

Then I came home, messed around a bit (I did five loads of laundry today, which required a lot of effort), and then spent some time taking care of my RAV4, which has been sadly neglected (did I tell you I bought an Audi?). There's a good chance that I'm going to drive it to Iowa this weekend, so I checked up on it, drove it around, and cleared out the stuff that needs to stay here (like my rusty railroad spike, my heavy duty prybar, and a couple of pairs of shoes). Then I came home, called my parents, called [censored], and dealt with more laundry.

I left the house again (shocker) to run to Apple to pick up my laptop and to grab dinner at Motomaki. Then I came home and finished dealing with the laundry, remade my bed, and spent the last three hours doing day job stuff so that I'm not quite as scrambled and stressed in the morning. Only four more work days until vacation - I think I can make it, but no promises.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: