Sunday, December 23, 2018

but the restlessness was handed down

The last couple of days in ye olde Iowa have been fairly uneventful, all in all - I am definitely in the mood for uneventful at the moment, so it's living up to my desires. Yesterday, I unpacked from my trip across the Great American West, spent quite a bit of time hanging out in the kitchen, and also ran into town to buy some [censored] for [censored] (and some Mountain Dew for me). And I tried to help [censored] with [censored], but he doesn't trust my sorting skills - I know nothing about anything in [censored], so while sorting through a box of the contents of my granddad's junk drawer from 20+ years ago, I tried to throw away what I thought was a fake candle and what [censored] insisted was a usable part of an old rain gauge. So, I have been banished to the safety of the house, which is fine with me since nothing in the house is covered in [censored], and the house also has heat.

sssanyway. We had supper in Seymour last night, where the prime rib was fine and the deer heads on the walls were wearing their Santa hats. Today, I got up relatively early (for vacation), had breakfast with the parents, and then did a bunch of bits of nothing. However, I wrapped half of my Christmas presents (the half that is due tomorrow), so at least that was something. We had supper in town at the Mexican restaurant that opened there a few months ago - it was super tasty, and it's also the only thing in town open on Sunday night, so that was a win all around. We also ran into my old social studies teacher, which is always entertaining.

Then we came home and tried the new Ticket to Ride: Europe game that I'd bought - it's really quite different from the America game from a strategy perspective, so it will take some getting used to. But my dad won one game and I won the other, thus ending [censored]'s dominance, so I'll take those results.

And now I really need to sleep - goodnight! 

No comments: