Sunday, December 16, 2018

silent disco

Sorry for not blogging last night - I spent the night in Katie's guest room and didn't go to bed until almost three, which was not conducive to writing (or to today's productivity). Yesterday was my company's holiday party, which was in Denver, and I took Katie as my date.

Of course, this required extensive primping - I left work by three so I could curl my hair and then drive to Denver. I finished getting ready at Katie's, after we ate some tasty food, and then we said goodbye to James and the girls and went out. Our first stop was a coworker's preparty, which was delightful - and only reaffirmed my feeling that I want to live in Denver.

We eventually went to the real party, which was fun, although we didn't eat enough. I hung out with a bunch of people there, and we stayed until the end... At which point some of us went across the street to the Sheraton, where we sat in the same bar that I drank at several times during RWA and had one last drink.

But it was finally time to be done when last call happened there, so Katie and I went to her house, talked a bit more, and went to bed. This morning was a bit brutal since I didn't get nearly enough sleep (or water), but I put on the fuzzy robe I'd brought with me and hung out in the living room watching Planet Earth documentaries with the girls. James also saved our lives by going out and getting breakfast burritos, so that went a long way toward reviving me.

I eventually came home, but was pretty worthless the rest of the day. In fact, the only thing I got done was watching this week's episode of Top Chef, which is a dubious accomplishment to cross off a list.

But tomorrow's another day, and I need to get a lot done then, so now it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: