Thursday, December 20, 2018

she left a little letter said she's gonna make a stop in nebraska

most of today looked like most of my days - i had a whole bunch of meetings, without enough time to eat lunch, which means i scarfed half a sandwich and left the other half to sit on my desk drying out until i was able to eat the rest of it at three p.m. sadness.

also, my left shift key is broken on my work laptop, which is SUPREMELY IRRITATING 9i accomplished that capitalized anger with the caps lock key, but without the caps lock key i end up closing parentheses like this0.

so i spent the day in meetings, carrying around my laptop and the wireless keyboard that i had quite fortuitously bought for myself a few weeks ago when i got sick of the cheap wired keyboard that my company provided for me. but i left the office around 3;30, picked up a prescription, ran home to throw a couple of things in my car, and left boulder around 4pm to head toward iowa. i'm taking the rav4 on what is likely its final journey across the great american west - surprisingly, there hasn't been much fanfare in the towns that we've passed through, but i guess it's the holidays and people are too busy to commemorate the final passing of an old but noble steed. so, i sped across colorado as quickly as possible, then dropped to the speed limit upon entering nebraska 9the cops like to pull over people from out of state for any reason, but especially colorado plates since it's a well-known fact that we're all carrying multiple pounds of marijuana0.

i arrived in north platte, my usual stop, at 9pm central time 9eight pm mountain time0, and checked into a room in my usual hotel. then i went to my usual ruby tuesdays for a quick, somewhat late supper. yes, it's weird that i have my 'usual' places on i-80, but i've done this drive many times. i was happy to see that the guy who served me the last two times i was in north platte has either succeeded in his dream of leaving north platte, or has at least gotten to take thursdays off / maybe got a better job at applebees, because he wasn't at the restaurant while i was eating. hopefully he's being a ski bum as he dreamed of - but im biased, because of every state i've ever driven through / lived in / visited, i dislike nebraska more than any of them. and that includes oklahoma, where i spent several nights sleeping on a couch waiting for [censored] to be done with [censored].

sssanyway. now it's time for bed, since i have six more hours in the car tomorrow. goodnight1

No comments: