Tuesday, December 11, 2018

dustland fairytale

I had a totally ridiculous day (in a mostly good way). I remembered that I own cowboy boots, which I hadn't worn in over two years since I obviously didn't take them to Bali and kinda forgot about them after that. I found a ring that I lost last week (on the second wearing!), glinting up at me in the dirt outside my apartment now that all the snow is fully gone. I had four hours of meetings in which people claimed to 100% agree with me while probably hating my guts. I spent fifteen minutes trying to make a tuna melt in a panini press that was only heated to 140 degrees, only to discover that the cheddar was smoked cheddar, which ruined it. And I stayed at the office until after seven, which was unfortunate...

So I tried to go to Verde to decompress, but they were full. I ended up at River and Woods, which was a way better call - it was like a bizarro version of River and Woods, with different bartenders than usual, and a particularly raucous foursome who were clearly coworkers, clearly drunk (they'd been drinking through dinner and moved to the bar at the end), and so loud/distracting that they bought me two glasses of wine. But I had a long conversation with one of them (who seemed more sober than his friends), so the wine and entertainment more than made up for the wiring I was going to do tonight...

But now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: