Wednesday, October 20, 2021

he said it's all in your head, but keep an ear to the grapevine

I had a frenetic day - way too many things going on, and not enough time to get everything done. I slogged through my meetings, which were so back to back that it took me grazing for ninety minutes to finish eating the sandwich I'd ordered at Snarf's. Somewhere in there, I got my car back from getting serviced by the Audi dealer - they had picked it up yesterday and brought it back today, and while that service is super nice, I think I would rather drive it in in the future just to control when the whole thing happens.

I also talked to my mom a couple of times - a dishwasher got delivered to my house in Iowa, but the guy brought the wrong one and so couldn't install it. I was about to go ballistic on the dealer, but it turns out it was the driver's fault for loading the wrong one (white instead of stainless). So the driver showed up again with a new one, and I'm super grateful that my mom was able to be there so that I'll have a functioning dishwasher when I'm there again. One replacement of something strange down, ninety-nine thousand more replacements to go!

But after all that slogging (and a quick break to go get botox in my jaw, which prevents me from clenching it in response to all that slogging), I was done a little before six. I should have worked tonight, but I couldn't bring myself to - instead, I ate takeout chicken shawarma (a far cry from the döner kebab pictures that Google Photos keeps flashing me - I was in Berlin two years ago right now, and it feels like a lifetime and a half), did a bunch of laundry, and otherwise messed around the house.

Now, though, I need to sleep - I have another million things to do tomorrow and not enough time in which to do them. Goodnight!

No comments: