Monday, October 11, 2021

hang from our invisible cords

It was back to the grind today, although perhaps it wasn't too grind-ish - I had meetings somewhat nonstop from 11-5, but it could be worse. I spent some time this morning doing tings around my house and getting some stuff done before work started. And at some point in the morning, [censored] showed up with a trailer full of stuff to put in my garage - some of it may benefit me in the short term (like end tables), but most of it is destined for temporary storage while [censored] relocates from [censored] to [censored].

So, I worked the rest of the day - it was pretty dreary because it rained over two inches, and for some reason the previous owners didn't like having lights in their house, so it felt dark. But I got through what I needed to do, came home, and then cooked supper - I made a creamy parmesan chicken and mushroom dish that I'd made before, along with mashed potatoes, and it was pretty delicious if I do say so myself. Then I cleaned up the kitchen while [censored] played me various clips of Norm MacDonald's many jokes about OJ Simpson. And then, eventually, I tried to work, but I didn't really succeed, and so I think I should go to bed rather than trying to force it.

So on that note - goodnight!

No comments: