Friday, October 08, 2021

purple hat, cheetah print

I took the day off, but it still felt busy - I didn't sleep in, and instead got up, made coffee, took a shower, and was out the door before nine to head to the city (in this case, Des Moines) for a stock-up run to buy things for my new house. I met up at Costco with Aunt Kathy, and we spent several hours pushing carts around big box stores - it takes a lot to set up a house when you're not moving your previous house into it, and I needed cleaning supplies, some basic kitchen stuff, etc. Kathy was a trooper - we went all over Costco and Target, and then we took a break to have a (surprisingly delicious, given we'd never been there) lunch at Urban Cellar. We then made a quick stop at Lowes to buy me a stepladder, which is probably the most important thing on the list given how difficult it is for me to reach things.

So, all in all we shopped or ate lunch for 4+ hours, and I was pretty pleased with hanging out and buying tings (even if I didn't get everything on my list). When we parted ways, I drove south and chatted with [censored] while unloading my car. Then I came to my parents' house and spent the rest of the night hanging out - we watched some fine obscure reality television, ate supper (cheeseburgers and homemade french fries, which were delish), and generally sat around.

And now, I should really sleep, which is what I should have done two hours ago. Goodnight!

No comments: