Sunday, October 10, 2021

please break my heart

I've had a pretty good weekend, all in all - acquiring a new house requires approximately one million chores, and I'd say I've done at least seven of them. Yesterday, my mom and I went to the next town over (aka Centerville) to look at dishwashers and microwaves. My dishwasher appears to be poorly functioning / broken, and the microwave is original to the house (1988) and so probably cost many hundreds of dollars but has no turntable and can only hold a small quantity of food. I think I found a dishwasher, which I'm finishing the deal on tomorrow; the microwave I wanted was only available in a floor model, which was broken, and the soonest they could get another was December 21 - so I'm unfortunately giving my microwave business to Best Buy instead of the small local appliance store :(

After we looked at appliances, we met my sister in a parking lot to exchange goods (nothing illicit, unless the electric roasters that she borrowed for my niece's wedding are somehow illicit). Then my mom and I bought groceries and came home. I then spent the rest of the afternoon doing house stuff - but I also made a critical trip to Dollar General, where I acquired a flyswatter (an absurdly ugly pink camouflage, but I've now killed multiple flies) and a starter kit for a Swiffer (somehow the Swiffer supply chain appears broken, since I couldn't find Swiffers at Target or Lowes or anywhere else I looked the last few weeks).

Today was more of the same - I slept in a bit, then took care of some tings for my dad, and then spent the rest of the afternoon doing house stuff. I took down the fake ivy that the previous owner had hung in the kitchen, which immediately made it brighter since the ivy was blocking the light over the sink. I also put tings away, cleaned a lot, and generally examined what needs to happen next. So far I'm pretty pleased with the house, although there are many projects to do - but that's a problem for Future Sara. Right now, I think it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: