Saturday, October 16, 2021

that's how they getcha

I'm not where I intended to be tonight. I should be somewhere in Nebraska, regretting that I was somewhere in Nebraska. Instead, I made a gametime decision to stay in Iowa and do the whole drive in one go tomorrow. I realize that's what most people do between Iowa and Colorado, but I am not most people and I hate driving for 10.5hrs in a day. So I had planned to do a bunch of house stuff and then leave around three, but....

Instead, I did a bunch of house stuff and tired myself out enough that I didn't feel safe driving. Of course, I decided that after I'd loaded my car and said goodbye to my parents, but they were kind enough to feed me tonight anyway.

And my staying was rewarded in other ways. I got a lot of stuff done today, as did [censored]. I put together my standing desk, organized my office, etc, and now feel v. able to be productive here. I unpacked some more kitchen stuff. I helped [censored] unload a bunch of stuff he's storing here ([censored is switching jobs and cities, so my new house is becoming a staging ground for his move). [Censored] and I also got a bunch of stuff we'd pillaged from Aunt Becky and Uncle Brian, which was stored in one of [censored]'s many garages. I also did laundry, loaded my car, etc.

Then I went home and took a shower and prematurely said goodbye to my parents... But driving into town after with the sun in my eyes made me realize I had no desire to drive with the sun in my eyes across the rest of Iowa. So I stayed, and that meant [censored] and I were able to rearrange the living room, install a nest thermostat, and do a bunch of other random tings. And I got the aforementioned bonus supper from my parents - my mom made a delicious roast, and it was worth staying for.

And now, I need to sleep so that I can get up and out early enough to accomplish something in Denver tomorrow night. Goodnight!

No comments: