Thursday, October 28, 2021

the fear has gripped me but here i go

I stayed up way too late reading, but #noregrets. Today was really great - as I was making coffee and tidying up the kitchen, I asked Barbara to "give me some advice I won't take" (she once gave an entire keynote on how everyone wants her advice but doesn't actually listen to her, while looking at our table, so I continue to find this hilarious). This somehow turned into her and Veronica helping me to brainstorm a totally new book idea that I wasn't expecting and am now vastly intrigued by. We continued the brainstorm over lunch and I think there's a "there" there, so I spent the afternoon messing around with it. It felt fun to play with something new, which is also a great thread between previous projects....so we'll see what happens.

Sadly, Veronica left this afternoon, but the rest of us ordered dinner from a bar and grill type place (tasty, but not the best ever) and hung out for a couple of hours. And then I curled up in the media room and read the entire first Sookie Stackhouse book in one sitting - I should have read it years ago, but I never read it or watched True Blood, and so I was way overdue. It wasn't quite what I expected, probably because it's been so hyped - but it was v. useful for my purposes.

And now it's almost 1:30am and tomorrow is my last day here and I want to enjoy it, and enjoying it will be easier with some sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: