Thursday, October 14, 2021

when the lights go down in the city

I am sleeping in my new bed in my house in Iowa for the first time. I realized today that this house may have the most traffic noise of anywhere I've lived in awhile, which is hilarious given that it is in a town of less than six hundred people - but it's close to the intersection of the two main streets in town, both of which are still paved (a nice selling point of this house). Since it's harvest time, and since I had the windows open this afternoon, I heard a lot of machinery revving up after making the turn toward the lake. So, it's kind of fun to discover new things and rhythms that I wasn't expecting to discover.

sssanyway. I didn't blog last night, but you can probably guess that I worked all day, which is what I also did today. Yesterday, I had a bit of a snafu with my bed delivery, which I still need to rectify (the delivery guys think the base of the bed is broken, but also it is fine right now, so that's a conundrum). However, the mattress seems great, so I'm excited to see how I sleep on it. Last night I spent quite a bit of time hanging out with my mom in the kitchen (of her house, not my house), and tonight I also went home for supper and some quality time (my dad told some stories of when he was a cop, some of which I hadn't heard before, so that was interesting). However, I decided that I should sleep in my new house once or twice before heading back to Colorado just to see what happens here at night - although I can't really see what happens here at night because there's a serious lack of lamps. But that's a rectifiable problem on my next trip.

And now, I think I shall sleep - I have grand plans tomorrow during my day off, and I want to make the most of it. Goodnight!

No comments: