Tuesday, October 26, 2021

i take my gun to the enemy's side

Today was a strange, lovely day - it snowed a lot this morning, and when I woke up I discovered we had lost power and the house was dark. So I got ready in the dark, went downstairs, found no one was here, and started to investigate - when suddenly the power came back and everything was fine again. The snow was pretty dramatic this morning though - it fell heavily for several hours, and it made for a moody and atmospheric view of the lake.

But by early afternoon it started to clear up, and eventually the sun was out and everything was bright and cheerful again. I didn't get a lot of writing done today - after the power outage everyone was discombobulated, and then around lunch Veronica arrived (yay! and also crazy that she managed to get here with the snow) and so of course I wanted to talk to her. I did a bit of writing in the afternoon, but I broke early to make my chicken tortilla soup. This takes some time due to the chopping + the amount of time it has to simmer, and that was all extended because I made a triple batch. But it turned out perfectly, if I do say so myself, and it was fun to cook for other people after a lot of #quarantinechef activities.

After dinner, we hung out for several hours, and it was delightful. But now I really need to sleep so that I can focus more on storytelling tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: