Monday, October 18, 2021

show me some of them spanish dances

I have nothing super exciting to report today - since I drove back yesterday, today was a continuation of yesterday's exhaustion + an attempt to recover. I don't know if recovery was particularly successful, but I tried. That mostly meant drinking water, having a poke bowl for lunch, taking a walk around the block, and otherwise trying to survive my many meetings.

However, I was able to stop around five and drive to Lafayette (which I easily confuse with Louisville, because I know nothing about any of those suburbs) to have dinner with my friend Sara. She recently left our mutual company and I am v. sad that she's gone, but v. happy for her that it seems like it was a good move. We talked for a couple of hours over tacos and margaritas, and it was as delightful as usual to see her. If only she lived closer...but we seem to be able to make it work.

Then I came home and got sucked into a bit of work, and now I'm going to try to stop looking at screens so I can go to bed early. Goodnight!

No comments: