Monday, June 20, 2022

i am feathered by the moonlight falling down on me

Today was more hectic than I wanted it to be - I'm t-minus-one week from returning to work, and I'm trying to cram in a bunch of tings before that happens. This morning was a routine blood draw for a checkup I have next week, and it took awhile because their computer systems were down. Then I grabbed some cold brew to make up for my lack of caffeine, came home, and took a covid test because my phone had auto-notified me of an exposure.

My test was negative, so I set out for my social activity of the day - I had plans to meet Caroline for brunch at a French place near her (which I trusted would be good, since she is French). We sat outside and enjoyed quiche (I should not have eaten the crust, but it was #worthit), and generally had a lovely time catching up. It made me think about work a little more than I wanted to, since Caroline has escaped my org but is still in touch with some people - but that's a problem for another day.

After brunch, I picked up an order at Container Store, dropped a bunch of stuff at Goodwill, and came home to attempt further purging. That mostly resulted in a nap. But I rallied this evening, especially after eating some sushi - I got a decent amount done, including some v. important sorting in my office, which is where all papers go to die.

But now, I really need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: