Thursday, June 02, 2022

the rock that says my name

Hello from Kerrville, where we have returned to our usual hotel for our usual pre-reunion night of settling in. Today was unexciting - we got ready in a somewhat leisurely manner, and eventually left Chickasha to continue our southward migration. We are not nearly as majestic as monarch butterflies (or possibly even buzzards), but our migration does involve two large trucks, do at least we're going on style.

[Censored] and I were about five minutes behind our parents for most of the drive, so we all stopped for Dairy Queen in Brady, where I had a Frito pie (Fritos covered in chili and cheese) since it was one of the least gluteny things on the menu. We rolled into Kerrville around five, and I unpacked and messed around until Drewbaby showed up. He wisely chose flying over driving, but he still had a long day.

So, once he was here, we all went to Billy Gene's for dinner. This is our usual place overlooking the river, and it was as tasty as usual (even if the combo of the Frito pie and the cheese smothering my chicken is probably my cheese quota for the week). After, we parted ways with my parents, and had a cousins trip to Walmart, followed by a failed attempt at a liquor store that had closed early. And then we chatted until [censored] lost interest in us, and now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: