Friday, June 10, 2022

with your hair falling into place like dominoes

I had quite a lovely day, but I've officially stayed up too late again, which may hamper my plans tomorrow. I spent most of the day with my mom - we had to get her a new phone because she is still using a flip phone from literally 2007, and it's about to die due to the end of the 3G networks. Needless to say, there aren't any flip phones now that will last for fifteen years, and smartphones definitely won't. But we went over to the next town to get a new phone, with a stop at a cemetery (that was not at all along the way) to pick up flowers from some ancestors' graves.

The phone errand was a success, although it won't make up for the fact that the switch had to happen. Then we went down the street so that I could tell my appliance store guy that they delivered the wrong washer - he was so visibly upset that he's back in my good graces. And he wrote me a check for the difference, so all's well that ends well.

Then we had lunch at the hotel (delicious cobb salads and even more delicious homemade potato chips), and also bought groceries. We stopped at another couple of cemeteries on the way back, and of course the only time it rained all day was when we were outside picking up flower arrangements. But we made it back without getting too wet, and it was great that we had a nice afternoon together.

After I dropped Mom and her groceries off at her house, I came to my place and took care of some tings. I eventually went back out to their house for dinner - I continued setting up the new phone, and then partook of steaks and potatoes like a good midwesterner. At some point, [censored] showed up, which is why I stayed up way later than planned (and also haven't packed).

So, now I should really sleep - I want to get back to Colorado tomorrow, but I'm not sure it will happen. We shall see, we shall see. Goodnight!

No comments: