Saturday, June 18, 2022

when you're not looking, she's stealing your basquiat

Today was infinitely more productive than yesterday, which is probably because yesterday I didn't have any tequila. I got sufficient sleep, ran to Starbucks, and spent the morning cleaning in my basement. I'm winnowing my hoard of foodstuffs that I acquired during the pandemic, which is particularly unfortunate because I was barely here to cook last year - I remember cleaning my basement on Labor Day weekend and making a list of things I should cook before they expired, and then my dad went into the hospital that weekend and I've barely been here since then. So, I made some piles of tings that are still good, tings that need to be thrown away, and tings that will expire in the next few months that should perhaps be donated to a food pantry in case I don't get around to using them. I still have a lot to organize down there, but it was a good start.

At some point, I took a break to talk to Veronica - we hadn't caught up since Kristen's wedding in April (which seems absurdly long ago, now that I think about it), so we were v. overdue. I also ate lunch, dumped many many cans of expired/flat sodas that had been sitting in my hall closet, took a nap, went grocery shopping, and generally took care of business.

Eventually, I went to Katie's house - I hadn't seen James and the girls in awhile, so it was nice to hang out. We had takeout Indian food, and I showed up with my mobile bar (in this case, the makings for aperol spritzes), and it was a much tamer and lower key night than when we had margaritas this week. It was a delight, as usual, and I didn't want to leave - but we were all flagging (the girls actually asked to be put to bed), so I came home around ten. And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: