Wednesday, June 08, 2022

looks like there's rain up ahead like there's a crack in the heavens

I've been having a v. quiet, v. lazy week in ye olde Iowa. After getting back from Texas on Monday, I've been feeling the need to sit around and do nothing. This was compounded today because I was sitting around waiting for a washing machine to get delivered - and when I finally called them after lunch, I discovered that they had forgotten to schedule delivery. Lol. So, they're coming tomorrow, which is totally fine, but it's unfortunate that my brain can't function when it's waiting for something to show up, since I got nothing done this morning.

That's not entirely true - I did some writing brainstorming, which was good. And I worked on a project to improve my office closet - I decided that it didn't necessarily need painting (or maybe I'm just lazy), but that covering the shelves in contact paper would help to make them less drab. I think this was the right call since the shelves are boards similar to what's in my pantry, and while the paint looks nice in the pantry, the boards themselves aren't necessarily able to be made pretty. So, I covered half the shelves, and so far so good.

Eventually, I went to my parents' house and fed them - I still had bolognese sauce in the freezer, which has paid dividends since my parents like it (or at least my dad does; my mom doesn't like anything that isn't a potato), so I made spaghetti bolognese and garlic bread for them. Then, my mom and I went to a meeting of our secret society, which has lost some organizational discipline during covid, but I had a good time and enjoyed seeing the other ladies in the group. Then I dropped her off at home (with some time to chat with her and my dad), and then I came back to my place and indulged in some bedtime procrastination.

And now I need to sleep so that I can wait for my washer again tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: