Tuesday, June 21, 2022

won't wash my hair, then make 'em bounce like a basketball

I'm v. tired - for my last week of leave, I am embarking on way more manual labor than I usually prefer to embark upon. Today was good, though, even if I'm tired - I took care of a lot of tings around the house, made myself some tasty eggs for breakfast and a v. tasty cobb salad for lunch, and ran an errand to Lowes. I also got my carpets cleaned, which was way overdue - I was incredibly impressed with how well the guy did, since there was a stain on my basement stairs that the previous owner hadn't been able to get out, and this treatment lifted it completely.

While the carpet cleaning was happening, I stayed outside and took the opportunity to do a bunch of yardwork. It wasn't cool today, but it wasn't as miserably hot as it has been, so I trimmed some branches and did a lot of leaf blowing to get the dirt and debris off my patio. I really haven't spent any time out there this spring / summer (mostly because I haven't really been here), but cleaning it off makes it a much more appealing place to hang out.

Eventually, the carpet cleaning was over, so I came back inside, ordered a pizza, and then tried to restore everything that I had picked up off the floors. And now I really need to sleep so that I can do more house stuff tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: