Wednesday, June 15, 2022

some things lookin' better, baby, just passin' through

I'm in the midst of a purge of all the tings that I have let pile up in my house, including many tings that I haven't used since before the pandemic (or perhaps even before that). I spent several hours today cleaning out my bathroom - that amount of time shouldn't be necessary for a bathroom, but I tend to hoard cosmetics, and I also tend to get a lot of free samples, and all in all things were out of control.

It was a little sad to toss lipsticks that I didn't wear the last two years, or eye shadows that went bad because I wasn't going to parties. I have clearly lost my appetite for trying new skincare regimens, and instead just stick with the stuff that works for sitting in my house on video calls. But while the purge was painful, I 1) don't want to continue looking at things that I no longer use, and 2) don't want to risk giving myself an eye infection by using makeup that I've had for half a decade. And now my bathroom drawers are much cleaner and better organized, which is a delight.

I did the same purge to my laundry room, which is a catch-all for junk, and I also took care of a bunch of trash in my basement. The incentive for so much trash removal was because tomorrow is an extra trash pickup day - but even with everything I tossed, I recycled what I could recycle and composted what I could compost, so I didn't fill my normal trash bin. I still have a lot to purge (especially clothing, which has truly spiraled out of control as my wardrobe has 90% shifted from work/going-out clothes to yoga tights and strange jumpsuits), but I felt good about today's dent.

I also got sufficient sleep, took a nap, and ate a poke bowl to make up for not enjoying the poke bowl I ordered on Monday (my fault for trying fried garlic on it, which was overpowering). And, more exciting, I caught up with Jess for awhile - we hadn't talked since I was in SF in March, so it was nice to hear how she's doing with her new coaching business (which sounds great!).

And now, I'm going to wrap this up and wind down before bed - goodnight!

No comments: