Wednesday, June 01, 2022

it's getting repetitive, swallow a sedative

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Chickasha, OK, which you probably cannot guess how to pronounce (hint - the Y is invisible). Typically, I would fly to the family reunion as it's impossibly far from everywhere, but my family is caravaning for multiple reasons (health, difference in needs for rooms, 3/4 of us get carsick and therefore can't ride in backseats), and having me as a passenger who could be a driver is a helpful thing.

So, I spent the morning getting ready, packing, foam rolling in anticipation for the drive, etc. [Censored] and I left my house around 11:30, which was later than we had planned - but [censored] is an excellent driver with a need for speed, so we made good time. [Censored] also definitely enjoyed my color commentary about all the tings we passed (mostly dead trees, with some occasional interesting billboards and a lot of cows). We pulled into Chickasha around 7:45 or so, where my parents were already checked into their hotel - and the four of us went to Braum's, which is a Kansas/Oklahoma fast food chain with a dairy/ice cream component. My shake was pretty tasty, so Braum's lives up to its reputation.

Then [censored] and I checked into our hotel, and I did a bit of stuff and am now getting ready for bed. Texas awaits tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: