Wednesday, June 22, 2022

and they work my nerves that's why i cannot sleep at night

Today didn't go exactly as planned, mostly because the smoke detector in my bedroom chose 3:30am to give up the ghost and start chirping at me. The chirps in my smoke detectors are more like three insistent beeps every minute, so there's no sleeping through it - so I had to go to the basement, find my batteries, come back upstairs, get a ladder, and change the battery while still half asleep. I don't know why I wrote this out, since (almost all of) you know how to change smoke detector batteries, but still. Ugh.

So, I was pretty lethargic this morning from too little sleep. But I did a million things around the house this afternoon, which felt good. I had a v. tasty cobb salad for lunch and a poke bowl from a new-to-me place for dinner, and it was a delight. And I spent some time on my newly-cleaned patio and wrote for a bit as the sun went down, which was good for me and also good for any mosquitos who feasted on me (but bad for the ones I killed).

And now, I should really sleep - goodnight!

No comments: