Sunday, June 12, 2022

you get another hand soon after you fold

I have no energy to blog tonight - but I have successfully returned to Colorado after a v. long, v. boring drive across Nebraska. The only highlight was discovering a newish Starbucks in Kearney (in a new hotel across from where I usually stay when I stay in Kearney), which was v. nice and allowed mobile ordering. The biggest lowlights were a severe thunderstorm warning (but I skirted the edge of the storm and saw some rainbows) and having to detour around what looked like a v. bad semi accident where the truck had completely burned.

The other lowlight, of course, was having to spend 10+ hours driving. But I made it in one piece and am ready to seize the last two weeks of my leave of absence. I should have come back yesterday, but I spent too long packing + chatting with [censored], and when I thought about leaving to come partway, I discovered that hotels along the route were 2x what they normally are. So I spent yesterday doing other house stuff + going to buy steak with my dad, and I enjoyed brats and baked beans with the family last night instead of subsisting on road food like I did today.

But now, I should really sleep so that I can enjoy my day tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: