Friday, June 24, 2022

the beaches of cheyenne

I have nothing to report today, other than that I intended to be in bed at least 30min ago. I am, of course, deeply unhappy with today's news and fairly pessimistic about what it means for both my own health choices + choices for other women, as well as the very clear signals sent that there will be similarly terrible decisions for any other rights that rely on a belief that the Constitution guarantees individuals a right to privacy. I wonder how many women will die of ectopic pregnancies or complicated miscarriages because they can't get adequate medical treatment, and what fucking stupid takes I'll see on Facebook justifying those women's deaths to 'save the babies' who were never viable to begin with.

sssanyway.

I was pretty lazy today, although I mostly stayed off social media - instead, I slept until almost ten, foam rolled, journaled, played with my planner, made some eggs, took a nap, ate a salad, etc. I'm always pretty fried after driving across Nebraska, and today was no different. [censored] showed up at some point, so we chatted for a bit, and I also unloaded my car (which was the main reason I came this weekend). And we went to our parents' for supper - we picked up Mexican takeout, and my mom made strawberry shortcake, and all in all it was delightful.

And now, I should sleep so that I can head back to Colorado (and get some house stuff done before I leave) - goodnight!

No comments: