Wednesday, June 29, 2022

my dear we still have everything

I went back to the office for the first time since my leave started today, and my badge didn't work. This was a hilarious way to start the morning, since I wondered if I had been surprise-terminated - but it turned out that there was some bug in the badging system and I happened to be affected. And now my badge works again...but after going to the office for all of one day, I kind of wish it didn't, since I'm definitely a better version of myself when I'm writing and napping and cooking than I am when I'm staring at videoconferences and complaining about the quality of the free snacks.

sssanyway. My day was fine overall, and I had lunch with Andy (who was one of the only other people in the office today). And I skipped out a little before five to meet my friend Sara for dinner at my beloved River and Woods - she had completely forgotten about it in the pandemic, and I haven't been there since I no longer live in Boulder, but it was still a delight. We hung out on the patio for a couple of hours, and I reacquainted myself with their poutine, and we had a great time.

Then I drove home, caught up with Katie for a bit, and generally leaned into some sloth. And now I'm going to try to go to bed early so that I can repeat similar feats tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: