Sunday, September 17, 2023

drifting through this fever dream in microplastic submarines

Sorry that I've been intermittently blogging lately - I'm still recovering from the mural festival, and when I do work up energy to get tings done, I sometimes run out before it's time to blog. I spent most of this weekend at the Round Barn - it was open for tours this weekend, and I hung out there all day both days to help sell t-shirts and direct incoming visitors. Today was pretty quiet compared to yesterday - we had the benefit of a lot of local visitors yesterday thanks to the town celebration, but today we didn't really have anyone all morning.

However, it was still nice to sit out there - I spent the morning talking to my parents and the mother of one of my high school friends (who was also my reading teacher). She had volunteered to sit in one of the buildings all morning, but since we had no visitors, she hung out on the porch with us instead. In the afternoon, things picked up a bit, and I also chatted with another volunteer for quite awhile. All in all, I sold some t-shirts, took in some donations, got even more tan on my arms, and otherwise had a v. relaxing day (although there are a million things I need to do that haven't gotten done).

When we were done, I came home, unloaded my car, and made burrito bowls for me and [censored]. Then I did some online work for the last couple of hours. And now I really need to sleep so that I can pursue tomorrow's plans - goodnight!

No comments: