Wednesday, September 20, 2023

knowing what you know just makes it harder to think straight

I'm leaving for California tomorrow and I have a million things to do before then, but at least I got some tings done today. I did a bunch of laundry, moved various items around my house, sent some emails, and rewarded myself for the emails with some tuna salad and potato chips (lunch of champions). Then I did more laundry, cleaned up the garage, and briefly saw my parents. And then I came home and made myself dinner (my usual black bean chili, which [censored] and I are now calling Elmer's Chili because it's must more of a paste-like consistency than [censored] prefers in chili, although I happen to love it).

Shortly after I ate and cleaned up the kitchen, [censored] arrived, and so we talked for awhile. And then I spent the last couple of hours taking care of various tasks and choosing which articles of clothing I'm going to take on my trip. There's still time to change my mind tomorrow, but at least the initial winnowing is complete.

And now, I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: