Wednesday, September 27, 2023

heaven's got a plan for you

No blog tonight, since I'm already falling asleep, but I had a v. nice, chill day. I spent the morning writing + packing so I could switch hotels - and I was supposed to stay with Chandlord tonight, but I got a decent last-minute deal at a Marriott-type property using some of my hoarded points, so I checked in here instead. I haven't been sleeping well, so a real bed and an early night seemed important.

Then, I drove to the magical north bay (aka Mill Valley) to have lunch with Tony. He owned my fave cafe in the Marina when I lived there, but he shut it down during covid and never reopened. So we ate brunch together, and it was a delight. Then I came back to the city, checked into my new hotel, picked up Tom, and had tea with him at Fort Mason / The Long Now. We talked about writing, etc., which was great.

And now, I am going to go to sleep - my evening was quiet (salad and fries at the bar, although I chatted up the bartender because I realized she used to be at Le Meridien) and now I need to sleep. Goodnight!

No comments: