Tuesday, September 12, 2023

tripping through the pages of your side of town

I have stayed up just slightly too late, but I miraculously managed to put a book down even as it's closing in on the climax, so maybe I'll get to bed before I ruin tomorrow. Today was pretty uneventful - I got up, did some stuff, went into town for allergy shots, and then had a mural committee meeting. We're still wrapping some things up, but overall things went well, so hopefully I can push through the end-of-project boredom and do what I need to do.

After the meeting, a couple of us went out to the Fairgrounds to pick up the last few things. Then I came home, ate a v. belated lunch, and wrote off and on for a couple of hours. Then I talked to Veronica, took a v. short walk, ate leftover shrimp alfredo for dinner, and started reading INK BLOOD SISTER SCRIBE. It's a fantasy novel I stumbled across awhile ago and added to my online library borrowing queue (thanks Denver for not kicking me out of the library yet!). I'd forgotten all about it in the haze of the mural festival, but it showed up a couple of days ago and I decided to try it. I've really enjoyed it - it's a bit bizarre, and it's unusual to have three viewpoints in a non-epic book, but I like it a lot. I don't think I'll write a book about magical books since it's pretty hard to pull off - I weirdly find books about magical books to be hit or miss for me, but this one is a hit.

However, I need to sleep if I'm going to get anything done tomorrow, so it's time for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: