Wednesday, September 13, 2023

she's a ghost, and the truth, it's impossible, but i love her lies

I had a pretty decent day, all in all. I actually wrote for several hours this morning / early afternoon, which felt like alternating between pulling teeth and flowing; it will take some time to get fully into a writing practice again, but I am starting to feel ready for it. I ate some leftovers for a v. late lunch, did some more work in the afternoon, and then went into town for my first meeting as a member of the library board.

The library had solicited board applications this summer, and I applied because 1) I loved the library as a kid and it was hugely beneficial for me, and 2) I still care a lot about libraries (professionally as a writer and personally as a reader / lover of books) and I figured better me than someone else. My application was approved, and today was my first meeting. The president of the board is my former Spanish teacher, and one of the other board members is someone I know who is almost my age, so that made it feel pretty accessible. I still have a lot to learn / understand, but hopefully it will be a good thing to be involved in.

Then I came home, wrote for another hour on my balcony, ate a v. late dinner (leftover prime rib from Saturday night), and said hi to [censored], who got home from the usual trip to [censored]. And now, I'm going to crawl into bed and probably finish the book I started last night. Goodnight!

No comments: