Thursday, September 28, 2023

doogie howser theme song

I'm v. tired, but I had a nice day. I did some work this morning, and then I got my hair cut - I basically only get my hair cut by my San Francisco person, even after seven years of not officially living here (with the exception of my bangs, which I trim myself, and she gave me permission to continue doing). We had a v. lovely chat while she cut my hair, so that was worth it.

Then I found a new to me poke place - the fish was incredible, and I felt v. happy about it. I also wrote at Fort Mason for awhile - I was there with Tom yesterday, but I went back to stock up on notebooks at Flax + do some writing at The Long Now. Then I came back to my hotel, took a nap, and did some work / journaling. All in all, a quiet day...

...but then I met up with Adit and Chandlord for an 8pm dinner at Ernest. I was even more excited when Chandlord pointed out that it used to be Coffee Bar, which was obvious as soon as she said it - I mourn that place still, so I'm happy about its new incarnation. The food was incredible - due to our varying dietary needs, Adit/Chandlord shared a bunch of vegetarian things while I tried to be as gluten free as possible (but possibly failed). I had oysters, a hamachi crudo, some rice/tartare/roe situation that was delicious, and some dumplings that definitely weren't gluten free but were 100% #worthit. I also had a cocktail with sour cream in it, which was about 100x more delicious than you might guess.

After dinner, we adjourned to Trick Dog for another drink + more discussion of important topics (mostly the Olympics). And now I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: