Monday, September 11, 2023

hallucinations on the shoulder of the borderline

Happy birthday to me! I had a v. lazy day - I slept in, had some cold brew, took a shower, and did a bit of writing work (not actual writing, but some writing-adjacent stuff that I'd been wanting to do). Then I had lunch with [censored]. And then I messed around a bit, ran into town for a couple of groceries, came home, and baked myself some funfetti cupcakes. The gluten free funfetti mix from Pillsbury is surprisingly excellent - it dries out a little quicker than regular cupcakes, but they start out as moist as any gluten free product can be, and they're v. tasty.

I had a brief non-relaxing moment in the afternoon when [censored] discovered water in the basement - but we think we know the source and nothing was damaged, so I relaxed again. Then, I said farewell to [censored], who missed out on the dinner I made for me and the parents - I decided to make shrimp alfredo, which is v. tasty and extremely quick. Mom and Dad came in to eat with me, so they also benefitted from the cupcakes, and it was all great.

After they left, I cleaned up, took some trash to the dumpster, checked the basement (still dry), messed around, journaled / wrote, etc. And now I need to sleep - thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone! Goodnight!

No comments: