Friday, September 29, 2023

another world, another time

My trip continues to be a delight. I did a bit of work this morning while having breakfast, and then I checked out of my hotel and went to Burlingame to see my writing friends. Barbara, Anne, Veronica and I met at Barbara's house, where we caught up for a few hours over tasty Mediterranean takeout. We didn't write, but I did get some tips about setting up my own storefront, so we'll see if I implement them.

Eventually, I said farewell, drove to the evil city, and dropped off my stuff at my new hotel before returning my rental car. Then I walked back to my hotel and checked in. So far it's v comfy in an old-school sort of way, and I'm looking forward to enjoying the amenities tomorrow.

At some point I ventured out and met Veronica for dinner - we had perfect pizzas at Pizzeria Delfina, which is where I started my trip a week ago. We also walked around Fillmore for a bit before I came back to my hotel and ignored any other possible plans. I'm so tired from getting about five hours of solid sleep a night, so I'm going to go to bed at ten (unheard of) and hope tomorrow is smooth. Goodnight!

No comments: