Tuesday, October 31, 2023

get drunk on the good life, i'll take you to paradise

I had a pretty good day in Boulder - it's warming up a bit and the sidewalks/streets are mostly clear, which was a bonus. I got up early and left my room a little before nine to move my car - since I've been able to park within half a block of the hotel both nights, and street parking is free after seven p.m., I refuse to pay for the hotel valet, but this does mean moving my car in the morning. But that also meant I could go to Starbucks and write for a bit, which I did.

Then, I got a manicure at the salon I used to go to here - I hadn't been there since February 2020, since my office in Boulder was shut down for two years and then I resigned and moved to Iowa. But the woman I always saw was still there and she was delighted to see me, so that was fun. And my nails look stylish again, but we'll see how long they last when I get home.

Then I ran a couple of errands at the mall before picking up Tomas for an off campus lunch. We've been friends forever, so we talked more about non-work stuff then work-stuff, which was v. welcome. He also made me glad I'm not raising teenagers right now, although some of it does sound quite entertaining.

After I dropped him off, I came back to my hotel briefly, and then met Lexie (from my old team) for a drink at Rosetta. I had barely gotten to say goodbye to her when I left last year, and it was really great to catch up. And then, I came back to my hotel, changed shoes, and walked down Pearl to grab dinner at Pizzeria Alberico. It was delish, as usual, and I did some good journaling while eating a mushroom pizza and drinking a nice montepulciano. They were surprisingly empty tonight, likely because of Halloween, but that was good for me since it meant I could linger.

And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: