Friday, December 01, 2023

saturnalia

I had an excellent day, especially because I now have heat fully restored in the house. The HVAC guys mostly wrapped up the project today - they'll still have to come back in the spring to finish the A/C installation, and they need to finish running the gas line for my grill (which I opportunistically added to the job), but otherwise everything is set up. Now I have a zone for my bedroom/office and a zone for the main floor of the house, which should theoretically mean I can make it warmer upstairs without overheating [censored]. Time will tell, but so far it's great.

So I did some writing today, but I was a little distracted because the installation required the main guy (Ron) to be in and out of my office all morning. But I did some work, ate some leftover soup with [censored] for lunch, did some more work, supervised the project, etc., etc. After the guys left, I buckled down for an hour, and then I made dinner. After last night's fried food fest, I was in the mood for something totally different, so I made salmon teriyaki with rice and roasted broccoli. In an absentminded move I accidentally made regular long-grain white rice instead of jasmine rice, so we ate like peasants, but it was otherwise quite tasty.

After dinner, I did some truly mindless procrastination for an hour or two, but then I got into the manuscript and did some brainstorming for the last hour or so. And now, I must sleep - goodnight!

No comments: