Monday, April 01, 2024

you're a movie to me, the way you move around me

I'm still sick, but I am slightly improved over yesterday. I'm not feeling quite as feverish/chilled, but my throat is still sore and my cough is an abomination. However, I took delivery of two boxes of Puffs kleenexes, 80 cough drops, four covid tests, and some granola bars, so I think have the supplies necessary to get me through the next couple of days.

I did get up in time to work today, but I worked from the hotel and I'm delighted that everyone seems to default to camera off since that gave my an excuse to hide my ravaged face. I also took it easy and took a nap in the afternoon, which was v. necessary. I also relaxed while watching the Iowa / LSU women's basketball game, which was outstanding. And then I did a bit of work while eating all of the dinner I could force myself to eat (which was not much) - my appetite is not great, and I can't tell if my sense of taste has been affected or if I'm just not in the mood for anything that I can get here since I've already been here way too long.

But that's a problem for Future Sara - right now, I'm going to log off and go to bed since it seems likely that I'll be up throughout the night anyway and should therefore kick off the sleeping party early. Goodnight!

No comments: