Sunday, May 26, 2024

but now you double as a papermaker

I had a lovely day yesterday and another lovely day today - no Sunday Scaries in sight, so I presume they will be repaid with interest tomorrow. Yesterday, I kicked off the morning by chatting with Veronica, which was very long overdue. Then I did various tings around the house - mostly picking up sticks from the rather incessant storms, and also organizing my supplies in the basement so that I have a better idea of what I have vs. what I need. The day ended at my parents' house, where they made bratwurst and potato salad and baked beans and coleslaw - all my favorite summer foods, and a v. nice conversation to go with it.

Today, I decided to go to Des Moines to stock up on groceries and other supplies. Having a day job is really cramping my style - I like to do these kinds of errands in the middle of the week, and now I have to go on the weekend like a chump. But I started my errands by trying out a new-to-me nail salon for a pedicure - I have actually never gotten a pedicure in Iowa before, but now I can cross that off my bucket list. I really liked the place I went, and it's conveniently located near the mall / Costco / my wine store, which means I can work it into my regular rotation.

After my pedicure, I grabbed a quick salad for lunch, and then I did speed runs through the wine store and Target. I skipped Costco because I really only needed one thing there (which I can order from Costco online) and knew I would somehow spend $300 buying thing adjacent to that one thing. But I did go to Whole Foods, where I spent a rather exorbitant amount of money on groceries to get through the next few weeks.

Then I drove home, and after I put my perishables away, I lounged on the couch and chatted with [censored], who spend the day working on [censored], which will benefit both of us greatly. Then I made brunch for dinner - I haven't been making brunch the last few months, which was been a real bummer, but I was in the mood for hash browns and bacon/onion/mushroom-filled scrambled eggs. [Censored] and I ate that bounty while watching the latest Neal Brennan comedy special on Netflix. At one point we realized that we were hearing thunder and seeing lightning, so I put my car in the garage, but it appears that everything skimmed around us.

And now, I need to unwind - goodnight!

No comments: