Thursday, May 02, 2024

with arms wide open under the sunlight

I'm v. v. exhausted - even my extroversion has hit the slightest bit of a wall. But I guess that's to be expected, since I have been at work events for twelve hours straight today (on top of all of yesterday). However, today's events were all play and no work, and they were mostly in the sun, so I don't think I'm going to complain.

I started the day with some work + leftover pizza + shopping around Fillmore, and then I caught an uber over to Golden Gate Park. We had a three-hour pickleball tournament, which was approximately two hours and forty minutes longer than I actually wanted to play pickleball. But it was a v. fun time overall - I can see the appeal of the game, and even though my team lost badly, I would be open to playing again. But it got infinitely better when I could stop playing and just sit in the sun while drinking sauvignon blanc, which is what I did...

Then, when it was over, I came back to my hotel with a coworker and let her use my shower so that we could both freshen up before dinner. Since we had some time, we bought some stationery at Maido (my beloved Japantown haunt) and then grabbed a few oysters and some rosé at Little Shucker. This tided us over nicely for the thirty minutes before dinner - the whole team gathered at Copra, which is an Indian restaurant that replaced Dosa (also an Indian restaurant). The food was excellent, as was the conversation, and as was the chai. I probably could have ended there...

...but of course we ended up at Festa and did several hours of karaoke. The big boss expensed all the drinks and song requests, which was kind. I must say that it's v. v. strange to sing Nickelback's "Photograph" with Adit while at a corporate event, but I think we got the crowd amped, which is all that mattered. It was pretty clear pretty fast that approximately four of us knew the Oasis/Creed/Red Hot Chili Peppers era of music, but overall it was quite a fun evening.

And now, I need to sleep so that I can get to the office and perhaps start doing real work again - goodnight!

No comments: