Tuesday, May 14, 2024

under the table and dreaming

Today was not particularly interesting for you - I slept, I woke up, I showered, I poured some cold brew, and I worked. I find much less to dread about this job than I did in my last job, so that's a real positive - but my body is still not quite used to having a job at all, and so I found myself in desperate need of a nap at four (which I took). Then I ran to the grocery store, came home, threw some rice in the rice cooker to go with the chicken taco meat I was making all afternoon in the crock pot, and worked for another hour.

Eventually, it was time to take a break / eat - so I closed the laptop, went downstairs, heated up some refried beans, and shredded the chicken breasts. The rice was a new-to-me recipe for making Spanish rice in the rice cooker - it probably would have been better the old-fashioned way (toasting the rice in oil before letting it simmer), but this method was easy and foolproof, which is a real bonus.

So, [censored] and I ate tacos (well, tacos for him, taco bowl for me) and watched various tings on tv. Then I came upstairs and worked for another hour and a half or so. This is not as onerous as it sounds, but I'm trying to go to bed earlier so that I can get up earlier and either get work done so that I don't have to work at night, or get writing done so that I can stop feeling guilty about not writing. Either way, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: