Tuesday, May 21, 2024

bad moon rising

Today was a fairly exciting day - lots of meetings, lots of dogs barking, lots of hail, one tornado warning, one margarita, several reacquaintances, and one long chat with my beloved bestie.

The work stuff was all fine - I alternate between feeling like I'm competent and feeling like I still know nothing, which is tricky, but several of my meetings today felt like they veered toward competent. However, as soon as my last meeting was over, the two weather radios in my house + my phone + the town tornado siren announced that there was a tornado warning. I gathered some tings and went to my living room (yes, next to a bay window; no, not recommended) to watch the forecast and see where the possible tornado was at. It didn't seem terribly risky, but it started to hail (fairly small) and the wind really picked up, so there was a brief moment when I decided to go to the basement. But I came back upstairs almost immediately, and everything died down and it was sunny again.

So when that fun thirty minutes was over, I took one last quick meeting and then dashed into town to go to a meeting of a local charity to beg them for money for the library. They met at the Mexican restaurant in town and bought my meal, which seemed a little unnecessary since I was the one begging them for money. I knew most of the guys there (as well as the handful of wives who were seated separately and having their own little gathering), and it was pretty entertaining - and lucrative, since they granted my request, which means the library can keep going with ebooks/audiobooks another couple of months.

Then I came home, did a bit of work, and talked to Katie for a long-overdue chat about life and #smalltownlife. Sadly we had to wrap up after an hour and a half (because we're old, not because our parents were yelling at us about the long distance bill). And then I messed around online, did some clothes browsing, and did a bit of work.

And now I need to sleep - goodnight!

No comments: