Wednesday, May 22, 2024

sleeping is giving in so lift those heavy eyelids

I had a v. busy day. It was quiet to begin with, which is the joy of having a pacific timezone job in the central timezone. So I talked to my friend Tanya at 11, and I didn't really get deep into work until lunch. I'm paying for it now, since it's 1am...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

So I had meetings all afternoon, and those spawned more meetings, which meant that I had to abruptly hang up on Adit at 5:45pm so that I could rush into town and have dinner with some people from Missouri who are wanting to have a mural festival. About twelve of them came up and saw the murals on their own before meeting me and Brenda (from the museum) for dinner and a v. long conversation about how to run a mural festival. They have a really great group, but understandably find it a little daunting to get going - but I hope they do, because now I'm excited about having a bunch of communities in southern Iowa and northern Missouri with murals and other artistic attractions.

The conversation lasted 2.5 hours, partially because the restaurant is notoriously slow at serving a big group of people. But I had fun reliving the festival, and my burger was decent and my chardonnay was also marginally good. Then I came home and immediately hopped on another call, which lasted 1.5hrs (which was 1.5hrs longer than I wanted to spend on a video conference at 8:30pm). I took a break after the call to say hi to [censored], and then I eventually came upstairs and worked another hour and a half.

Needless to say, I'm ready to crawl into bed, so I'm going to cut this short - goodnight!

No comments: