Friday, May 24, 2024

when i leave don't save my seat, i'll be back when it's all complete

I didn't blog yesterday because I had a supremely boring day (well, interesting work-wise, but nothing I can share here). I had hoped that would turn into some decent sleep - but instead, the weather radio went off at 3:30am, and it sounded just dire enough that [censored] and I decided we should stash our vehicles. I had actually just decided not to stash mine and go back to bed when [censored] yelled up the stairs asking if I was putting my car in the garage, so I decided to do the responsible thing instead of the thing that would give me an excuse to buy a new car.

So we took [censored]'s truck to park it in a covered building, and then I got my car in my garage, which is a tricky enough feat when I'm wide awake and a little more nervewracking when I'm bleary-eyed. Then I tried to go back to bed, but I had a pretty severe stomach ache and also the weather radio went off another five times. We didn't end up having any damage, but Iowa is leading the nation in number of tornadoes this year, and I can confirm that my sleep has been disturbed too much.

So I was really dragging this morning, but I had to get up and go to breakfast with the Garden Club. For some reason (probably my relative youth + ability to do manual labor), they invited my to join, and for some reason (probably my extroversion) I said yes. My mom is in Garden Club and there's an 80% overlap between Garden Club and the other club I'm in with her, so needless to say I knew everyone there. Breakfast was nice and I felt appropriately welcomed into Garden Club, so hopefully I can go to meetings fairly regularly (although they're during the work day, so we'll see).

Then I came home, nursed my still-aching stomach, and was not nearly as productive as I needed to be (but probably more productive than I wanted to be). Eventually I wrapped up, took a brief walk to see [censored], and then spent the evening mulling over a shopping list, looking at freezers for my garage, etc., etc. And now it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: