Monday, May 06, 2024

so i crossed my thoughtless heart, spread my wings like a parachute

Sorry for the lack of blog the last two(ish) days. Saturday was really a ton of fun, but it was a little brutal being cold for ten+ hours. It was even more brutal because I didn't know a single song (other than when they played The Pixies on the speakers during a set change), and so couldn't even warm myself up by singing. But despite not being a country music fan, I enjoyed the music - there were some really excellent bands there, and there are worse ways to spend a Saturday than sitting in a lawn chair and listening to live music.

sssanyway, after all that excitement + the massive extrovert rush of a week at a work event in San Francisco, I hit the wall hard yesterday and got almost nothing done. Luckily, I came back a bit today - I worked all day and felt reasonably productive, which is a good thing since Mondays are meeting-heavy. I wrapped up just as [censored] was about to leave, and he dropped me off in town to pick up my car, which I got detailed since the gravel dust around here is impossible to keep off my fancy Audi interior.

Then I came home, took one more meeting, and then took out my trash, messed around with some stuff, and ate dinner. Then I spent the last couple of hours quite happily sipping a glass of wine while setting up a new journal. I had convinced myself several years ago that bullet journals (especially aesthetically pleasing bullet journals, with washi tape and stickers and markers) aren't worth the time spent setting them up. But I was frankly missing the aesthetics, and with a new day job I have to get on top of what I'm doing. So we'll see how the new journal goes - but if nothing else, I have more washi tape than anyone can use in a decade, so playing with some of it seems like a worthwhile usage.

And now, I need to go to bed so that I can be #inittowinit tomorrow - goodnight!

No comments: