Friday, May 03, 2024

might be over now, but i feel it still

I had a v. v. long day - I woke up at four to get ready and head to the airport, which I timed just right to check a bag (full of swag that I acquired on this trip) and grab an iced coffee before boarding. I happened to be sitting next to someone from my old life, who is working in the Boulder office - but we had zero to say to each other, so we said hi, avoided eye contact, and studiously read until landing in Denver.

When I got to Denver, I had a three hour layover and felt pretty queasy from the turbulence over the Rockies. I didn't know whether champagne or ginger ale would cure me, so I had both while sitting at a wine bar and working for a couple of hours. Sadly, while I was sitting there, my flight was delayed for an additional two hours. So I had a long chat with Adit about some work stuff, hung up with him, looked at my phone - and discovered that my flight had been undelayed and was going to board in eight minutes.

While I'm glad I wasn't delayed, this caused more frenetic movement than I had planned to have during a three-hour layover. I grabbed a burrito bowl to go, dashed to my gate and got there just as they were boarding my group, and then sat in my airplane seat and scarfed down my food like a monster while boarding finished. I hate taking smelly food on planes, but not as much as I hate fainting from hunger, so #priorities.

The flight was on time and uneventful, and I slept a bit. When I got to Des Moines, I retrieved my bag, drove home, said hi to [censored] as [censored] was departing, and then met my parents for dinner. And now I desperately need to sleep since I have unusually social plans tomorrow and I'm not at all prepared (physically or mentally) for them. Goodnight!

No comments: