Saturday, May 11, 2024

the cloud is moving nearer still, aurora borealis comes in view

I had a lovely Saturday all in all, despite not crossing much off my to do list. I slept in, took a quick shower, and picked up my mom so we could go to a greenhouse. On the way, we stopped to see the Humeston mural from last year's festival, since Mom hadn't seen it installed. And we went to the general store across the street - I always forget how much they have stocked, and I found some good stuff for my kitchen.

Then, we proceeded to the greenhouse. One of the employees said this is their busiest two days of the year, and it was certainly busy, but we were able to navigate just fine. I'm still not planning to plant much this year because I have several yard projects (build fence, put in water hydrants, possibly redo the deck) that will potentially alter where I should plant stuff. But I got flowers and herbs for containers, so at least I can spiffy up my balcony and some other key areas.

Eventually, we came home and I dropped Mom off before coming to my house, eating a sandwich, and collapsing. I chilled for a little too long, but eventually I got into my shed and pulled out my gardening containers, got out dirt and various gardening tools, etc. But rather than plant the stuff I bought, I repotted several houseplants that were long overdue for fresh pots and soil. Hopefully I didn't kill any of them, but we shall see.

Then [censored] and I went out to Mom and Dad's, where Dad grilled some truly excellent burgers and Mom made some equally excellent fried potatoes and baked beans. I assume Dad's bratwurst was also excellent, but I was so full from the rest of it that I had to save my brat for tomorrow.

And now, after a v low-key evening, it's time for bed - goodnight!

No comments: