Monday, May 20, 2024

just like heaven

I made it back to ye olde Iowa - the drive home from the airport was a little gruesome because it was after midnight, and there was substantial lightning the whole way and heavy rain for the last twenty minutes of it, but I survived. My day in Tucson was v. nice before my travels commenced - I got up early enough to have several cups of coffee on my balcony and do some writing-related work for a couple of hours, and then I packed, showered, checked out, and met Lauren for the brunch buffet. We had a leisurely meal and then sat by the pool for a final session - I didn't bother putting on my swimsuit, but it was a v. chill way to end the weekend.

Then I went to the airport, which was just as easy to navigate as Des Moines is, and so I had plenty of time before my (slightly delayed) flight. My flight from Denver to Des Moines was also slightly delayed due to weather, but everything was mostly smooth. And now I need to sleep and get ready for the week ahead - goodnight!

No comments: