Sunday, October 27, 2019

all the small things

Today involved way, way more effort than I really wanted to put into anything - but many hours of incessant working seems to have somehow helped me to miraculously avoid jetlag. It's unclear to me how I avoided almost all jetlag on both the outbound and return portions of my trip to Berlin - but perhaps the fact that I was staying up until 3am in Berlin (8pm in Denver) somehow helped, even though it hurt at the time. Now if I can avoid coming down with a nasty cold like I usually do, this trip to Berlin would have to be counted as a success.

sssanyway. While that's all good, I had to do a ton of stuff today - I have painters starting at 9am tomorrow morning, which meant that I had to finalize paint colors and move a whole bunch of stuff today. The painting company owner came over this morning to help finalize, and I chose everything except the hallway color, which required some more sampling. So after she left, I ran to a paint store to pick up a gallon of paint for the laundry ceiling (she uses Sherwin Williams, but the current paint is almost all Benjamin Moore, and I wanted the ceiling to match everything else). I also went to Whole Foods in hopes of finding tomatillos, since I wanted to make chicken chile verde and couldn't find tomatillos yesterday - but this WF was also out of tomatillos, so I was out of luck.

Then I came home and spent the rest of the day moving stuff, packing stuff, hauling stuff up and down stairs, and also doing several loads of laundry in preparation for not being able to use my laundry room for a couple of days. I also talked to [censored] and to my parents, and made myself some cheesy potato soup (it would have been better if I'd taken time to make bacon to put on top of it, but it was pretty good despite that).

And now I need to sleep - we're in the middle of getting a whole bunch of snow, so I'm going to work from home tomorrow, but I'm going to have to slog hard to get through the many and varied things on my plate. Goodnight!

No comments: