Wednesday, October 09, 2019

dissolve

I'm tired and my eyes are bothering me - specifically my left eye, which looks like I have pinkeye, but I almost assuredly do not. Instead I have "business planning eye", because I'm deep in the midst of planning for next year at work, which means I've been looking at screens too much. Also my eye doctors have all told me that my tears are oilier than average, and so I have a tendency to block my tear ducts with oil, which is apparently bad for them. Serves me right for being a demon who cries oil instead of water, I guess.

sssanyway. I worked all day, although I took a few mins before and after work to lie on the couch with a warm cloth over by eyes like a maudlin Victorian lady. I even had wine at lunch - no further comment, other than that drinking wine out of a coffee mug at noon felt both illicit and necessary. Then I skipped out and had a very long dinner with Alice at Boulder Depot - it was pretty great to see her, so I'm glad we made it happen.

But now I really need to sleep - I got less done than I should have tonight, and tomorrow is going to be a bit of a joke. Also, it was 78 degrees when I walked into the restaurant at 4:30pm...and when I pulled into my garage at 9, it was 40. A 38-degree drop during dinner is really quite shocking. So I'm going to go to bed and mentally prepare for the apocalypse - goodnight!

No comments: